Woolacombe School Vision Statement
Our Promise to Our Children and Community is………
1. To ensure that every child advances as far as possible in their learning, and is never held back from taking their next step.
2. To give every child a wide and stimulating range of experiences so that they learn, and learn to love learning
3.To leave no stone unturned in finding ways to meet each child’s individual needs.
4.To these ends, invest relentlessly in professional development to improve teaching, learning and assessment, including research into the most effective practice developing outstanding leaders at all levels.
5.To work collaboratively, supporting and learning from others seeking to improve outcomes for their children, and contributing fully to system leadership.
6.To become a pivotal part of the communities we serve so as to held in high regard by parents, other professionals and the local authority
7. To achieve the above in a planned, thoughtful and sustainable way.
We will achieve this through our values
believe, belong, become
We Believe that…
we should all love learning / we should inspire a passion for learning
the best learning is achieved through the provision of broad and stimulating experiences
that only through taking risks and making mistakes can we reach our full potential
we should always reach beyond our own aspirations and we will encourage others to do the same
we should always expect high standards
In Belonging we…
are all the heart of our community – local and global
are a community that values the individual first
Work hard as a team to improve the outcomes for all
recognise that we are all leaders and seek to develop the capacity to lead in everyone
Seek to understand, respect and celebrate the differences of our world (while educating ourselves in and seeking explanation for ideals which we cannot reconcile in our community)
We Will Become…
Independent and autonomous lifelong learners
Valued members of our communities who have the highest aspirations for ourselves and the highest regard for others
Successful, educated, confident and caring individuals
Our School will
- Champion achievement for every child
Culture and Acceptance
- Create life-long learners who accept and embrace all peoples and cultures.
Experience and Character
- Offer opportunity across the curriculum giving experiences which build well informed children with strong characters.
Being Valued and Aspiration
- To enable each child to build a picture and understanding of belonging within their community, their country and the wider world… and so to foster true ambition and aspiration.
- To work hand in hand with parents, seeking and supporting partnership at all times.